Hi, Neighbors –
You may not realize it, but Central Florida’s severe drought conditions have prompted a Water Shortage Warning from the St. John’s River Water Management District (SJRWMD). Now is a good time to ensure you and your family do your part to conserve this precious resource.
As outdoor irrigation accounts for more than half of your water usage, it’s especially important to follow these guidelines set by the SJRWMD, which OUC follows.
From March through November, water your lawn or garden ONLY on these days:
• Odd-Numbered or No Address: Wednesday/Saturday
• Even-Numbered Address: Thursday/Sunday
• Non-Residential Address: Tuesday/Friday
Remember to water only when necessary and before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. to limit evaporation.
For a complete list, visit www.sjrwmd.com/wateringrestrictions/.
Everyday tips to help keep your water usage in check include:
• Avoid washing your car unless necessary
• Cover your pool or spa to reduce evaporation
• Clean driveways/sidewalks with a broom instead of a hose
• Take shorter showers – 5 minutes or less
• Wash only full loads in dishwashers and clothes washers
• Check for faucet or pipe leaks and make repairs promptly
To learn more about water-saving tips, visit www.ouc.com/waterconservation.
Now, let’s hope those summer showers get here sooner than later!